Share | 

Enhanced Security Added

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordStoneRaven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: Enhanced Security Added   Mon 09 Aug 2010, 4:14 am

It has been brought to my attention that some hackers are selling exploits that can cause denial of service for forumotion forums and basicly remove your forums. But rest easy, I have found out that they can not use this exploit if you have a cpatcha option added to your forum. Their bots can not as of yet at least handle captcha phrases. So to secure our forums I have added a captcha setting for all new members. You may have noticed that the Register button is flashing. I had to make it this way for everyone in order for it to flash for non members. It will not affect members normal surfing habits at all on here. I just wanted to throw this out there to show our members that I do stay on top of security issues and do my best to secure the forum and it's members from any attacks. So rest easy.

UPDATE
Ok I have fixed the register button to only show to guests now, so members should ot be seeing it anymore unless they log out.

Enhanced Security Added

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rules-Introductions & Announcements ::   :: Horror Connection-
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum