Share | 

China Bans Horror Films

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordStoneRaven
The Black Pope
The Black Pope

PostSubject: China Bans Horror Films   Sat 23 Feb 2008, 5:17 am

BEIJING (Reuters) - China has added ghosts, monsters and other things that go bump in the night to its list of banned video and audio content in an intensified crackdown ahead of the Beijing Olympics.

Producers have around three weeks to look through their tapes for "horror" and report it to authorities, the General Administration of Press and Publications said in a statement posted on the government Web site.
Offending content included "wronged spirits and violent ghosts, monsters, demons, and other inhuman portrayals, strange and supernatural storytelling for the sole purpose of seeking terror and horror," the administration said.

The new guidelines aim to "control and cleanse the negative effect these items have on society, and to prevent horror, violent, cruel publications from entering the market through official channels and to protect adolescents' psychological health."

The regulations suggest China, where graphic, pirated sex and horror movies are available on most street corners, is keen to step up its control of the cultural arena ahead of the Beijing Olympics in August, which are widely seen as a coming-out party for the rising political and economic power.

They come just weeks after Beijing clamped down on "vulgar" video and audio content, slapped restrictions on Internet sites and handed down a two-year film-making ban to the team behind the steamy "Lost in Beijing."

(Reporting by Beijing Newsroom; Editing by Nick Macfie and Alex Richardson)

Ok now I think they have went off the deep end so to speak over there. But as long as it's just over there and not here O well. Now if we can only get America to pass a ban on shitty Japanese remakes we will be alright!

Wandering Soul

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   Sat 23 Feb 2008, 8:51 am

Well, that's gotta suck or the Japanese. . . But, like you said, as long as it isn't here then it's fine really. And I agree with you on the remakes thing too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   Sat 23 Feb 2008, 2:58 pm

If the ban horror Here.....I swear I'm leaving the country....
Back to top Go down
Lucifer13
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   Sat 23 Feb 2008, 4:51 pm

Very true. I will too. But, I don't really think they will do that. BUT, if they do do that then I will leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   Sat 23 Feb 2008, 6:51 pm

To me that's going just a bit too far....But like I said that's just me...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer13
Wandering Soul
Wandering Soul

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   Sat 23 Feb 2008, 8:42 pm

Nah, it's not just you. That is going to far. I can understand doing that stuff on the internet, but taking a whole genre of movies out. . . That is too far. . .
Back to top Go down
Alice
Dark Prelates Nullius
Dark Prelates Nullius

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   Wed 24 Mar 2010, 3:35 am

This is not fair. I could not support this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: China Bans Horror Films   

Back to top Go down

China Bans Horror Films

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Rules-Introductions & Announcements ::   :: Horror Connection-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum